As from 7th March 2022:
- Quarantine will be reduced to 7 days for travelers arriving from Dark Red List Countries (following a negative PCR test).
- Malta will recognize certificates with WHO-approved vaccines even if not approved by the EMA (as long as the certificate is recognized by the superintendent of public health and a negative PCR test is presented upon arrival).
- Establishments can remain open until their licence operating time.
- No quarantine is required for non-vaccinated secondary contacts.
- Quarantine will be reduced to 5 days for non-vaccinated primary contacts (subject a negative PCR test).