Rated among the top of the most powerful passports in the EU/Schengen. Residency or citizenship by investment provides ease of movement and the ability to work and live in other countries.
Investment and Residency must be processed by a licensed company, the following are the preferred programmes;
- Malta Individual Investment Program (MIIP) grants the rights of full citizenship including a passport.
- Malta Residency and Visa Programme (MRVP) grants the rights to live and work in the EU and have access to Schengen countries.
- Global Residency Programme (GRP) is primarily for tax purposes.
- Ordinary Residence is for EU nationals.
- The Retirement Programme is for EU nationals.
- Other options include Highly Qualified Persons and the Formation of Company and Trusts. Malta jurisdiction and taxation are attractive for iGaming, financial services, aviation registration, ship & yacht registration, media and pharmaceuticals.
When comparing which programme is relevant for you, some considerations would be;
Annual tax, once-off government residency fee and an application fee, government investment. Will you be in one jurisdiction for 183 days, or more. What options do you want for you and/or your dependents, and will citizenship or residency with full Schengen visa be required.